Things I Learned in 2019

It’s has been one hell of a year, truly one of the craziest years of my life. I moved to a different city all on my own, started doing a full-time job, met so many people and lord I survived all of that. 
Here are some of the things I learnt in 2019 through my not-so-glamorous experiences.

  1. Moving to a different city and living alone is No Joke!

Remember in Wake up Sid When Konkana Sen Sharma moved to her apartment and everyone was throwing paint on the wall and seemed so happy. Let me tell you, it doesn’t happen in real life. Living alone is a pain, suddenly you are responsible for everything little in your house. But what an awakening experience. It gives you so much control and responsibility it’s crazy.
If you can survive this I am sure you can survive anything.
Here is a picture of my cute balcony, I will always remember this place as my first home. So special!

  1. Taking care of your own expenses means you are already winning.

I have always been someone who hates taking money from parents or anyone. But coming from an overprotective over loved family you somehow create a lifestyle that you alone can’t afford. But this year I made sure I didn’t have to ask anyone for anything. I took help for a couple of months but now I am good on my own. And that feeling alone is so powerful. 


  1. Self-belief 

This world can be quite intimidating and not everyone is going to believe in you, so don’t forget to first believe in yourself I am sure the rest of the world will follow.

  1. Being vulnerable is okay.

I remember telling my friends to be cold and shut to survive. Until 2019 when I felt extremely needy and vulnerable so much so that I almost lost control over myself. But what’s wrong here? Honestly, I have never been so honest to myself. Being vulnerable can be a little shady but aleast you get to meet your inner self.


  1. Our government is shitty.

I was apolitical, I didn’t really care up until now when things started happening. Slowly I started educating myself on this subject and realised how important it is for us to know the core of the country we are living in. Have an opinion a well-investigated opinion.

  1. Emotions are cute but handle with care.

So 2019 was officially the most emotional year for me. I never really identified myself as an emotional person, I thought I was hardcore but 2019 proved me wrong. Living alone without having so many friends does that to you maybe. So here I was being a total emotional mess, crying, yelling, breaking but I guess it was cute. Just the wrong time and person.


  1. Take rejections and insults seriously but not personally.

You can be the best version of yourself, climb mountains for someone but the wrong one will always make you the bad guy and choose someone else over you. It’s okay, take the clue and move on. 
Rejection and insults bring you back in place and take you forward from there. It’s not always you, You did your best!

  1. Don’t let your past experiences shape into a person you are not.

One of the biggest lessons I have learned this year is to not change myself as per my experiences. That’s what cowards do!

  1. Prioritize yourself over everyone else.

I am my only support, and before offering help to someone else I should be able to help myself first. To all the softies, take a note! Help yourself nobody else will.

  1. Don’t lose real people.

This world right now is a tough place to be in. Hold tight onto the real ones, appreciate them, cherish them, give them all the love in the world. Those people who make you happy are not just people they are treasures and without them, the universe is just soil and clouds. 

Nonetheless, 2019 was quite a roller coaster but I will pack all these memories in my little fanny pack and move forward from here. 
To all the people who stood strong with me this year, THANKYOU! I am forever grateful.
To all the people I lost this year, well it’s your loss! Just kidding but it’s really your loss🤦‍♀️
I want to enter 2020 with full of gratitude and rage. I will make things happen with honesty, hard work and love. But above all let's be a little better and more human this new year, shall we?








Comments

  1. This is something I needed to read, thanks a lot, it's simply amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's more than a Mood swing!

ROMWE India review and haul